Getting into a trance.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: HypnoEMG

Getting into a trance.

Postby lilyz » January 10th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Hello, i'm new to hypnosis, and am new to this website, and i can't even get into a trance, if i use a file, say.. induction, when he says my body should get heavier, and i wont want to move, that does happen, but when he tries to put me into a trance, it dosent work, any tips/suggestions?
lilyz

Re: Getting into a trance.

Postby HypnoEMG » January 10th, 2008, 8:15 pm

There are several inductions on the site, try more than one and see if you respond better. Also, be patient, sometimes it takes a while to get anything to work. Finally, make sure you listen at a time of day where you can really relax and go under.

[quote:87cc1988f2="lilyz"]Hello, i'm new to hypnosis, and am new to this website, and i can't even get into a trance, if i use a file, say.. induction, when he says my body should get heavier, and i wont want to move, that does happen, but when he tries to put me into a trance, it dosent work, any tips/suggestions?[/quote:87cc1988f2]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » February 1st, 2008, 5:58 am

You say you follow the instructions - when he says you wont want to move you dont - you are following the instructions.

How exactly are you Not going into trance? What do you expect trance to be like?
whatthe75

Re: Getting into a trance.

Postby hushed » May 25th, 2008, 6:42 am

[quote:079603cef9="lilyz"]Hello, i'm new to hypnosis, and am new to this website, and i can't even get into a trance, if i use a file, say.. induction, when he says my body should get heavier, and i wont want to move, that does happen, but when he tries to put me into a trance, it dosent work, any tips/suggestions?[/quote:079603cef9]

I have tried induction files a few times and I try not to 'help' or 'resist' the suggestions and just go along with what happens. Like you I find it hard to tell if I have been in a slight trance or if I am just acting as if I am. Suggestions made while listening are carried out to some extent and my attention does seem to become fixed on the 'voice', but there seems to be little carry over after waking.

I do find that I like to return to listen again to the files and hopefully that shows that I am getting something from the experience. Please if you have found a solution or had any more progress let us know as that helps anyone new like me.
hushed

Postby MagicIsMe » May 27th, 2008, 11:42 am

One of the important things is that the subject trust the hypnotist in order to go into trance. One suggestion I'd have is to simply listen to the file, whether Induction or any other, not try to go into trance but simply listen to them to be sure you feel comfortable with the content or willing to achieve or be lead in a particular direction. Worrying about what might come next won't help you relax and that's really what hypnosis is about, relaxing and letting the conscious mind take a break.

Also if you are following the instructions in the induction, then you probably are going into at least a light state of hypnosis. Many people believe you have to be nearly comatose to be hypnotized and that simply isn't so.

Good luck on and enjoy your journey!

j
MagicIsMe

Return to Help with Files