QUESTION!!! -would be nice for an answer

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: HypnoEMG

QUESTION!!! -would be nice for an answer

Postby 3nvisi0n » May 30th, 2008, 4:21 pm

Now I've been interested in hypnosis for a little while, and finally gave it a shot a couple months ago. However I'm wondering whenever I listen to an induction I always tend to fall to sleep instead of trancing, and then I don't wake up in the awakening file and continue sleeping. Is this okay, form what I understand the brain doesn't accept the same suggestions as ti would while in trance, when in sleep. Is there anything I should do to counter this?

Also subliminal files, do I require a induction for them?

thanks for help
3nvisi0n

Postby noanjel » November 24th, 2008, 4:20 am

[color=indigo:dcf30287b4]Hypnosis works with your subconscious mind. I have never gone into a “trance” while hypnotized (I am aware of what’s going on as long as it is directed at me, if the hypnotist is speaking to others I am aware of that but I do not “hear” what is being said). It is my understanding that when you fall asleep your subconscious mind is “awake” so if you are listening you would still be receiving the hypnotic suggestion/information. I’m not sure why you do not wake up, maybe you are in a deep meditative relaxed state that you subconsciously enjoy and do not want to “return”/awaken (that has happened to me). Try listening with a timer/alarm to awaken you or listen when you go to bed.

Good luck :D [/color:dcf30287b4]
noanjel

Postby Carsten » December 9th, 2008, 3:53 am

In my opinion you are too tired when you are listening. You probably go directly to sleep, and if the hypnosis is not really working, you now know why. :-)

You should listen to the files at a time when you are not so tired. It's good to be a little tired, but don't overdo it. Find a time of day where you are not so tired, and then notice whether you wake up when the file tells you to. Don't be discouraged if you don't have the feeling of going really deep - losing consciousness or something like that. A lot of the time trance just feels like listening to someone with your eyes closed! (No joke)!

Carsten
Certified Hypnotist and Hypnotherapist NGH
Carsten

it is possible you drop deep easily...

Postby Casey » July 31st, 2018, 12:03 pm

You might possibly be dropping deeper and faster than others do....
I know I drop easy.. so I find most inductions annoying....

As I am dropped already.. waiting... surface...
then drop again... then surface... waiting...
booooring lol....

Some progressive relaxation techniques annoy me out of them in this way...

So I admit I will at times.. drag the file to find the final count down, and then reverse it back a little ways to let it drop me then bam I am there....

But, there is different inductions to different people...

Some respond to sound better and direct suggestions, others respond to indirect suggestions better, others respond to metaphor story inductions better... or analytical, others respond better to feeling....

But it is not to uncommon for people to fall asleep when doing hypnosis or meditation as it is relaxing.. just try again next time.... Some do it before bed, others before they wake up...

but it is possible you dropping so deep under hypnosis you feeling as if you fell asleep but did not.... I often drop very deep then surface up... then gradually slide back down....

Casey

no...

Postby Casey » July 31st, 2018, 12:09 pm

You do not need an induction for subliminals to work...
Subliminals... are suggestions masked under sound...
So your conscious mind is focused on the forground sound...
and your subconscious can easily accept the sound under the main sound....

Any white noise type sound can be used for the main sound, and any hypnosis file, forwards, backwards, and sped up 20% can be used used under the sound.

I have had a lot of success using train sounds, and clipping sped up 50% versions of my text files under them... But, I am not sure if everyone can have that success at the speed. I read somewhere 20% is the average sped up speed used.

What fascinated me as well is they discovered in some cases of hearing impairment... patients responded to subliminals... I need to start saving these news articles. :) .
Casey

Return to Help with Files