how safe is hypnosis?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: HypnoEMG

how safe is hypnosis?

Postby jeez » February 20th, 2007, 9:17 am

I am not an expert by any means, just like to express my logical thoughts about it.

BE SPECIFIC!
For example- " I will meet the man of my dreams" ---too general--maybe you have nightmares--maybe you meet him at the wrong time---maybe he's dead and you meet him by dying. Get the picture? BE SPECIFIC! can't stress that enough.

I'd like to add that the files on this site (at least the ones I've listened to) seem well planned and have this in mind. :o

Any thoughts?
time is relative, ask any doobie smoker.
jeez

Postby hypnoticscarlet » December 6th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Although this is an old post, I wanted to still reply, as I believe you put it very well - be specific. The unconscious mind is more powerful than many realize.

The fantastic thing is though, if one learns to harness that power it can be a wonderful tool for improving one's life.
http://www.hypnoticscarlet.com
hypnoticscarlet

Re: how safe is hypnosis?

Postby liljonny » December 6th, 2007, 8:54 pm

[quote:9a3617316e="jeez"]
BE SPECIFIC!
For example- " I will meet the man of my dreams" ---too general--maybe you have nightmares--maybe you meet him at the wrong time---maybe he's dead and you meet him by dying. Get the picture? BE SPECIFIC! can't stress that enough.

Any thoughts?[/quote:9a3617316e]

Shouldn't it be more like "You will meet the man of your dreams" ? EMG would not say "I will. "
liljonny

Return to General Hypnosis