Speak no English

A place do discuss your successes with hypnosis.

Moderator: HypnoEMG

Speak no English

Postby KilimanjaroWest » January 30th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Wow, tried this last night for the first time and I'm already feeling its effects. I need to speak the trigger in order for it to work right now, other people saying it don't have an effect, but it's pretty cool for a one time listen.

I don't forget how to speak English, I am simply unable to do so. It's like the thought process is interrupted when I try to speak or think in English. I was able to force out a few sentences, but they were pretty slurred or accented (depending on whether I'd been speaking another language just prior to trying English or not).

I put the file into my rotation to check if the hypnosis was sticking and, based on the results, I'd say it is :D
KilimanjaroWest

Postby KilimanjaroWest » February 1st, 2009, 4:55 pm

And to follow up, the trigger faded after 2 days. Still, it was a fun little test and one I'd recommend to anyone interested in hypno who speaks multiple languages.
KilimanjaroWest

Postby Inedible » March 18th, 2009, 8:19 pm

So if I don't have a language other than english to speak I'm in trouble - but what if I have other languages in the back of my mind that I only think I don't know, like Spanish? I took 2 years in school and temporarily at least had a lot of vocabulary and grammar memorized. It was just that my brain would lock up whenever someone talked in Spanish for real.
Inedible

Postby 123apl315 » August 18th, 2010, 12:51 am

Forgetting your native language is the first important task to do when you are trying to learn another. 8O
123apl315

I will try!

Postby EmoSceneGothBaby » June 28th, 2011, 11:03 am

I'm Puerto Rican. Spanish is my 1st language. I learned English in school. Perhaps this will be a good experiment~ xD
EmoSceneGothBaby

Return to Success Stories